Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

The beauty of Pulau Redang - Redang Island

I've always desired to visit Redang Island or Pulau Redang (as known by many others) after catching the movie, Summer Holiday, during my teenage years. A few months back, I chanced upon an attractive offer from Redang Bay Resort, so I thought, why not?

From Singapore Onboard Berjaya Air

Redang bay resort is situated on Redang Island, off the eastern coast of Terengganu (Peninsula Malaysia). It's so convenient if you are residing in Singapore, Malaysia or even Indonesia (from Batam). For my friends living in Kuala Lumpur, it's only a 6 hours drive away to the jetty at Kuala Terengganu or Merang.

70 minutes flight from Singapore

My first time onboard Berjaya Air. Neat and comfy plane with little passengers. Taking a mere 70 mins by flight from Changi Budget Terminal, Singapore. I literally had my safety-belt on throughout the flight. I couldn't recall when was the last time I had my seat-belt in place throughout a flight.

Landing in Redang

When I reached Redang, it was heavenly. Idilyic, pristine, clear waters, powdery sandy beach front, beautiful coral reefs and the staff at the resort mentioned to me that there are more than 20 snorkeling and diving sites around Pulau Redang.

45 seconds away from the beach

The most impressive part of the resort I chose is that the beach is simply a few strides away from the resort. I guess maybe a 45 seconds walk? I was tempted to try out some of the features the resort offer including canoeing trips, karaoke, Beach football (my favourite), Kayak trips, and various card games. But nothing beats hanging out at the beach with a bottle of Tiger Beer.

Looking at some of the offers available at the resort which includes:

1. jungle trekking

2. scuba diving and snorkeling

I chose the snorkeling trip!

Tips when visiting Redang

Here are some tips if you plan to visit Redang anytime soon. :)

Price: RM 428 per person for twin room which includes boat transfer from Merang Jetty.

The special package;

8 meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 tea breaks) served buffet style with barbeques up for alternate nights (Great stuff) comes included with a 3days and 2nights stay.

There are some packages that comes with 3 snorkeling trips and operating at: 9.30am & 2.30pm everyday. 1 snorkeling site at Marine Park included. If you are not into sea sports, you have a choice to replace it with a jungle trekking trip.

Take note that, all packages excludes: RM 15 for life jacket rental - RM 5 for marine park fee and RM 15 for mask snorkel set rental

You can book a flight with Berjaya Air if you are from Singapore - it flies from Changi Budget Terminal to Redang Airport in just 70 minutes. Departing flight at 11.50am and arriving around 1pm Redang. Return flight to Singapore from Redang is at 10am. This daily flight from Singapore is a huge plus point for me!

I managed to book Berjaya Air at only SGD 150 for a return flight tickets, but with only 10kg baggage allowance limitation. Good enough for me anyway.

With all that said, I had a amazing weekend at Redang Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment